The primary focus of my practice is the individual, and I will always collaborate with you to involve partners, family members, cooperating professionals, and other social-emotional resources throughout the course of our work.
Areas of practice in which I have experience include:
- depression, shame, anxiety, and anger
- trauma of infancy and early childhood
- substance addictions involving alcohol, methamphetamine, cocaine, heroine, etc.
- behavioral addictions/compulsions, including cutting behaviors, sex, porn, shopping etc.
- physical, sexual, and emotional abuse
- recovery from physical and sexual assault
- dissociative disorders
- medical trauma
- self-esteem/negative beliefs about the self
- coping with HIV/AIDS
- relationship and communication problems
- life changes and transitions
- grief and loss, including divorce
- career and general life changes/stress
- coming out issues for LGBTQQI-identifying persons
- identity-based oppression/discrimination
- community violence